CHESTER COUNTY, PA – Interstate 95 is between state roads restricted to Philadelphia and Chester counties for bridge inspections, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The schedules and jobs are:
- On Monday, June 7, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions on US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) on Route 10 / Oxford Interchange in Lower Oxford Township, Chester County;
- On Tuesday, June 8 and Wednesday, June 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions on US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) on Route 796 / Jennersville Interchange in Penn Township, Chester County ;
- On Wednesday, June 9 and Thursday, June 10, from 9 a.m. to noon, a left lane closure is planned on I-95 southbound between the Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia;
- On Thursday, June 10, and Friday, June 11, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a right-of-way closure is expected on I-95 northbound between intersectors on Interstate 76 West and Route 611 / Broad Street in Philadelphia;
- On Monday, June 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., alternate lane closures are scheduled in both directions at U.S. 30 (Coatesville-Downingtown Bypass) between Route 322 (Manor Avenue) and U.S. Business 30 interchanges (Lincoln Highway) in the municipality of Caln, In the county of Chester;
- On Tuesday, June 15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned on Route 113 (Black Rock Road) between Winding River Lane and 2nd Avenue in the municipality of Upper Providence, Montgomery County and Phoenixville, County Chester;
- On Tuesday, June 15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions on US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) at the West Grove / Route 841 interchange in the municipality of London Grove, County Chester;
- On Wednesday, June 16, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned on Guernsey Road between Woodview Road and Baltimore Pike in West Grove County, Chester County; i
- On Thursday, June 17, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a right-of-way closure on I-95 northbound between I-76 West and the junction of Route 611 / Broad Street in Philadelphia is scheduled.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through work areas, as decelerations can occur. All scheduled activities depend on time.
Work on these inspections will be in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and guidance of the state Department of Health, as well as with a specific safety plan for the COVID-19 project, which will include protocols for social distancing, use of facial, personal and work covers. cleaning protocols, workplace entry management, special signage, and relevant training.
Inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to inspect bridges at least once every two years. Inspections ensure the safety and general condition of the structures.
Motorists can check conditions for more than 40,000 miles by road by visiting www.511PA.com.
For a complete list of construction projects affecting state highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, go here.