KING OF PRUSSIA, PA – Interstate 95 is between state roads restricted to Philadelphia and Chester counties for bridge inspections, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The schedules and jobs are:
- On Monday, June 7, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions on US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) on Route 10 / Oxford Interchange in the municipality of Lower Oxford, in the county of Chester;
- On Tuesday, June 8 and Wednesday, June 9, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions on US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) on Route 796 / Jennersville Interchange in Penn Township, County of Chester;
- On Wednesday, June 9 and Thursday, June 10, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., a left lane closure is planned on I-95 southbound between Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia;
- On Thursday, June 10, and Friday, June 11, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., a right-of-way closure on I-95 northbound is expected between intersectors on Interstate 76 West and Route 611 / Broad. Philadelphia Street;
- On Monday, June 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., alternate lane closures are scheduled in both directions at U.S. 30 (Coatesville-Downingtown Bypass) between Route 322 (Manor Avenue) and U.S. Business 30 (Lincoln Highway) exchangers in the municipality of Caln, in the county of Chester;
- On Tuesday, June 15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned on Route 113 (Black Rock Road) between Winding River Lane and 2nd Avenue in Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County and Phoenixville Borough. in Chester County;
- On Tuesday, June 15, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., a lane closure is planned in both directions at US 1 (Kennett-Oxford Bypass) at the West Grove / Route 841 interchange in London Grove, Chester County;
- On Wednesday, June 16, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lane closure is planned on Guernsey Road between Woodview Road and Baltimore Pike in the district of West Grove, County Chester; i
- On Thursday, June 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., a right-of-way closure of I-95 northbound between I-76 West and the interchanges of Route 611 / Broad Street in Philadelphia is scheduled to close.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through work areas, as decelerations can occur. All scheduled activities depend on time.
Work on these inspections will be in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and guidance of the state Department of Health, as well as with a specific safety plan for the COVID-19 project, which will include protocols for social distancing, use of facial covers, personal and work cleaning protocols, job entry management, special signage, and relevant training.
PennDOT says inspections are part of its program to inspect bridges at least once every two years. Inspections ensure the safety and general condition of the structures.
Motorists can check the current conditions of the road by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo provides reliable information and resources in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free. Show your support today for by clicking here and becoming a patron.
Disclosure: This site contains links to affiliate products identified by icon. MyChesCo may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.